Now known as the Gershman Graduate Center
|University of North Dakota Oxford House
Centennial Drive and University Avenue
Oxford House was occupied from 1903 until 1954 by early presidents of the University. Replaced by a newer home on the west bank of the English Coulee, it fell into disrepair until an alumni group raised funds for rehabilitation and refurnishing at which time it was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1973. In 1981 it became home to the UND Alumni Association and Foundation until they moved into their new home in the Gorecki Center.
With the generous donation from Dr. Kathleen and Hal Gershman and the careful architectural skills of JLG Architects, the old Oxford House was restored and refurbished (2018 – 2020) to become the Gershman Graduate Center, giving University of North Dakota graduate students a place to land, to gather and to restore themselves. The Gershman Graduate Center was officially opened in August 2021.